Forum Discussion

pawarmangeshc
New Contributor
3 months ago
Solved

HP Octane ALM data migration to Zephyr Scale

Hi team,

I am using Jira 8.20.8 and Zephyr Scale configured on one of the server and we also have HP Octane with version 25.0 

Zephyr Scale is configured as plug-in inside JIRA. 

We are wanting to migrate all test cases from HP Octane to Zephyr inside JIRA. 

I have seen the add-on available if Zephyr is configured as separate server but if its part of plug-in then how can we migrate the data of HP Octane to JIRA?

Can you guide here? its very important for us right now.

plz help.

regards,

Mangesh

• thanks Mister B for your reply, much appreciate. 

I am good for any method/option to migrate HP Octane data to Zephyr Scale, not restricting to any single method. if you elaborate 2 methods you talked about then it will be great. I am checking on SmartBear support till the time.

Mangesh

4 Replies

MisterB
    Champion Level 3

Hi.  There are a couple of methods to import data and results into Zephyr Scale, but it sounds like you're looking for a specific method or type of integration, and I don't know what that is.  You might not find the support you need here but SmartBear support should be able to help.  You can reach them here: SmartBear Support

• thanks Mister B for your reply, much appreciate. 

I am good for any method/option to migrate HP Octane data to Zephyr Scale, not restricting to any single method. if you elaborate 2 methods you talked about then it will be great. I am checking on SmartBear support till the time.

Mangesh

• i just tried for Smartbear support but i dont have permission to access it :( anyother way you can help?

MisterB
      Champion Level 3

Hi.  I'm guessing you tried to access SmartBear support with your community credentials.  The support portal is on a different system and you need to register with them.

Here are a couple of options for importing tests into Zephyr Scale:

1. Import via CSV file using the instructions here.  Note: the sample file provided isn't working for some reason but you can see an image of how it's supposed to look.  Remember that it is a comma separated file so you can't add commas into your scripts :D
      2. Use the APIs.  I've not had the need to use APIs yet but they might be of use to you.  The Cloud API documentation is here: Zephyr Scale for Jira Cloud API