Forum Discussion

Possum
Occasional Contributor
3 months ago

How to set a Default for Custom Field

Hi There, 

On Test Case Custom Field, we've added a new single select custom field. 

We would like to set a Default. Can this be done? 

Zephyr Scale Cloud

Thank you

• Hi Possum,

From what I can tell it's not possible to set a default.  I've raised this as a suggestion on the roadmap portal.

As for workarounds, if it's possible in your scenario to create your test cases by CSV import, it would be an easy thing to create a CSV import template that applies those default values.  Or if you need a UI workaround you could create a 'master' template test case (with minimal data) that has the default values applied, which you Clone and edit each time you need to create a test case.

Regards, Andy

1 Reply

MisterB
    Champion Level 3

Hi Possum,

From what I can tell it's not possible to set a default.  I've raised this as a suggestion on the roadmap portal.

As for workarounds, if it's possible in your scenario to create your test cases by CSV import, it would be an easy thing to create a CSV import template that applies those default values.  Or if you need a UI workaround you could create a 'master' template test case (with minimal data) that has the default values applied, which you Clone and edit each time you need to create a test case.

Regards, Andy