Forum Discussion

scsvel
Frequent Contributor
2 years ago

Custom Issue/item type and usage

Hello all - Wondering if it's possible to create a custom issue or entity type and form associated with it to manage the new item type records. Then in other issue type records, like to add a custom field to refer this new issue type/entity.

Is this possible in Zephyr Scale or any other versions? Appreciate if anyone shed some light.

3 Replies

MisterB
    Champion Level 3

Hi,

I'm not sure I understand what it is you are trying to achieve when you say "manage new type records"?. 

If it helps, Zephyr Scale 'talks' to Jira by creating a linked issue.  You can create a custom Jira issue type and use that when creating an issue in Zephyr.

tyler_stephens
      New Contributor

Hi, 

Could you specify how to create a Jira issue type that will be used when a Jira Scale is created?

Thanks!

MisterB
    Champion Level 3

Hi.  You're going to need Jira administrator access to do this yourself, or otherwise speak to your Jira admin.  They will be able to create a custom issue type that will be associated to your project, with screens (Create, Edit), and any standard Jira fields, plus custom fields you need.  It's not difficult but has many steps and too many to list here I'm afraid.  IF you do have Jira admin access and want to try creating a custom issue type, screen and fields, I recommend using the Atlassian community board - it's a great place to learn about using Jira products: Atlassian Community