Forum Discussion

mrh
New Contributor
10 months ago
Solved

Connect Jenkins Plugin to Zephyr Scale Server with token

I have Zephyr Scale Server installed on a locally hosted Jira server. Nothing is in the cloud. I log in to Jira with OAuth using a smartcard - I do not have a password. How can I connect the Jenkins plugin (https://plugins.jenkins.io/tm4j-automation/) to my Jira instance?

I can generate personal access tokens and I've previously used them to interact with our Zephyr Scale instance via the REST API, so I know it works. I just can't figure out how to get the *Zephyr Scale plugin for Jenkins* to use it.

• Update: I used a random text generator, which gave me 'mdqsnjajp yfdtcb qsjavqhqbhlxg eeucvflqpvleeqtjgiroow', which ended up being just as useful as chatgpt's answers.

In the time between posting the original and now, the plugin was updated to support personal access tokens as a password. After I upgraded to Jenkins 2.361, although I assume newer versions will be okay, the plugin installed okay.

2 Replies

MisterB
    Champion Level 3

I see you haven't yet received a reply to your post.  You might want to try SmartBear support for help.  You can reach them here: SmartBear Support

Alternatively, you could try Bing AI or ChatGPT?  Here's an example when I asked how to add OAuth into a Jenkins pipeline.  It might not be what you're looking for, but you might get some good clues from it if you ask the right questions! 🙂

To add OAuth to your Jenkins pipeline, you can use the Jenkins OAuth plugin. You can install it by following these steps:
    - Download the Jenkins WAR using wget.
    - Start Jenkins.
    - Install the Jenkins OAuth plugin.
    - Register the Jenkins OAuth application on GitHub.
    - Configure OAuth security in Jenkins.
    - Create a Jenkins job.
    - Run the Jenkins job.

You can also use Github Personal Access Token in Jenkins by adding the token to Jenkins credentials store and selecting Kind "Secret text" (not the default "Username and password"), then paste the token as Secret and choose some ID.
    You can find more information on how to use OAuth Credentials in Jenkins by visiting this link .

mrh
    New Contributor

Update: I used a random text generator, which gave me 'mdqsnjajp yfdtcb qsjavqhqbhlxg eeucvflqpvleeqtjgiroow', which ended up being just as useful as chatgpt's answers.

In the time between posting the original and now, the plugin was updated to support personal access tokens as a password. After I upgraded to Jenkins 2.361, although I assume newer versions will be okay, the plugin installed okay.