Forum Discussion

sp54321
New Contributor
2 months ago

Best way to create and organise tests

What would be the most efficient way of organising tests for this scenario:

I want to have my test cycles in subfolders so that they are under the app name and then under the version name, E.g. APP NAME - V9.5.0

However, when a new version is released and I create another folder e.g. v9.5.6, what would be the best way of migrating all of the tests into v9.5.6 but would also allow me to edit them without affecting the tests in the older folder v9.5.0?

The only way I can see is if I create a new test cycle, add in all of the tests and then go into each test that I want to edit, create a new version, edit it and save it, is this the best way?

• he only way I can see is if I create a new test cycle, add in all of the tests and then go into each test that I want to edit, create a new version, edit it and save it, is this the best way?

I think this is probably the answer.  The other route, amending the test cases, affects the other test cycles and will present a message warning that the original test case has been updated.

Another option could be to duplicate your test cases for each version you are launching.  You could store your test cases in a file like Excel.  Amend them in Excel when a new version is released.  Import your updated test cases into Zephyr Scale under a new Test Case folder, e.g. APP NAME - V9.5.1, and create your new test cycle using those 'new' test cases.

1 Reply

MisterB
    Champion Level 3

he only way I can see is if I create a new test cycle, add in all of the tests and then go into each test that I want to edit, create a new version, edit it and save it, is this the best way?

I think this is probably the answer.  The other route, amending the test cases, affects the other test cycles and will present a message warning that the original test case has been updated.

Another option could be to duplicate your test cases for each version you are launching.  You could store your test cases in a file like Excel.  Amend them in Excel when a new version is released.  Import your updated test cases into Zephyr Scale under a new Test Case folder, e.g. APP NAME - V9.5.1, and create your new test cycle using those 'new' test cases.