Forum Discussion

Stoplight
Community Manager
2 months ago
Solved

Not able to override mask properties in Local Models in Components.

Originally posted by user Sagar viradiya to the Stoplight Community on 07/11/2023 at 08:10 ET.

I have created mask on model file to use across APIs, I want to make one of my model property to optional. but I am not see any options. and it seems Mask became readonly. I can edit Mask of model of Component Library.

• Skinghar (Staff) [07/13/2023 - 10:52 ET]

Hello Sagar, you have the ability to offer your users the option of making a property either required or optional in the model itself in the API. However, as a maker you do not have the option to make those changes in the component library. See screenshots below:

The Model in the API depending how you set it us, does have the reusability in the API itself or through out the entire project. You can see which way it is if the model appears at the top of the sidebar it is reusable throught the Project. If it appears at the bottom of the sidebar then it is only reusable through out the API. Hope that helps.

1 Reply

Stoplight
    Community Manager

Skinghar (Staff) [07/13/2023 - 10:52 ET]

Hello Sagar, you have the ability to offer your users the option of making a property either required or optional in the model itself in the API. However, as a maker you do not have the option to make those changes in the component library. See screenshots below:

The Model in the API depending how you set it us, does have the reusability in the API itself or through out the entire project. You can see which way it is if the model appears at the top of the sidebar it is reusable throught the Project. If it appears at the bottom of the sidebar then it is only reusable through out the API. Hope that helps.