Forum Discussion

Stoplight
Community Manager
2 months ago
Solved

Masking doc help

Originally posted by user Sagar viradiya to the Stoplight Community on 07/17/2023 at 06:45 ET.

In document https://meta.stoplight.io/docs/platform/2nebi9gb2ankj-override-model-properties#mask-reference-guidelines, what is meaning of

If a mask references another model, you can apply a mask of that model, but you can't change the model itself. please provide example.

• Skinghar (Staff) [07/18/2023 - 16:44 ET]

Hello Sagar, Yes, you can apply a mask to someone else's model, however, you can not currently make any changes to that model if you are not the originator. You can make a copy of the model and paste in your component library, then make changes to the model. That will work. I am sorry I do not have any examples to share with you. I hope to see you at the Masking Webinar. Thanks!

1 Reply

Stoplight
    Community Manager

Skinghar (Staff) [07/18/2023 - 16:44 ET]

Hello Sagar, Yes, you can apply a mask to someone else's model, however, you can not currently make any changes to that model if you are not the originator. You can make a copy of the model and paste in your component library, then make changes to the model. That will work. I am sorry I do not have any examples to share with you. I hope to see you at the Masking Webinar. Thanks!