Forum Discussion

Stoplight
Community Manager
2 months ago
Solved

Is Stoplight dead after SmartBear's acquisition?

Originally posted by user rdean to the Stoplight Community on 01/05/2024 at 08:47 ET.

I haven't seen any real activity since the acquisition and I fear the worst. I truly hope not as Stoplight is far superior to any other openapi tool I've come across.

• Troy (Staff) [01/17/2024 - 17:09 ET]

Hey folks! Troy here with the Stoplight Product team. Thanks so much for the kind words about Stoplight! 

We're still hard at work delivering useful features, although we made the tactical decision to focus on some under-the-hood improvements in the second half of last year while we ramped up in the SmartBear ecosystem.

Since the acquisition, we've released support for mobile screens and we are currently working on enhancements to our OAS authoring and documentation capabilities.

I hope y'all stick around to see what's up and coming!

3 Replies

Stoplight
    Community Manager

MariusSc78 [01/05/2024 - 10:59 ET]

Very good point, I would also be very happy to see more activities from stoplight that proves we are wrong with our assumptions.

Stoplight
    Community Manager

Troy (Staff) [01/17/2024 - 17:09 ET]

Hey folks! Troy here with the Stoplight Product team. Thanks so much for the kind words about Stoplight! 

We're still hard at work delivering useful features, although we made the tactical decision to focus on some under-the-hood improvements in the second half of last year while we ramped up in the SmartBear ecosystem.

Since the acquisition, we've released support for mobile screens and we are currently working on enhancements to our OAS authoring and documentation capabilities.

I hope y'all stick around to see what's up and coming!

Stoplight
      Community Manager

MariusSc78 [01/18/2024 - 05:58 ET]

Hi Troy, sounds good. Looking forward to the infrastructure (performance?) update today 🙂