Forum Discussion

ChrisFuller
New Contributor
9 years ago
Solved

WSDL Import Error

When trying to import a WSDL I get the following dialog box msg pop up -

Error loading [http://ddosvc3:9080/wisd/PostCodeLocality/LocalityByPostcode/wsdl/LocalityByPostcode.wsdl]: java.lang.Exception: Failed to load url; http://ddosvc3:9080/wisd/PostCodeLocality/LocalityByPostcode/wsdl/LocalityByPostcode.wsdl, 0 -

This WSDL is being generated from another system, but other WSDLs generated from the same product have no issue. I have additionally recreated the WSDL but I still get the same issue. 

Any asssitance in determining this issue would be appreciated

Cheers

Chris

ChrisFuller
    9 years ago

So figured it out...trun off proxy and it works, I'm guessing because the web service is internal, and not exteranl so no need to execute via proxy...

4 Replies

nmrao
    Champion Level 3
    As it says, the wsdl is not reachable as the resource available. May try opening the wsdl in your browser of your choice, then it should properly. Other contact the wsdl / service provider for further assistance.
      ChrisFuller
      New Contributor

Hi Rao

Thanks for replying.

When I put the WSDL into the browser I get the 'Welcome Message, This is a Web Service' message.

I built the web service my self, using a third party tool, and as I said, have built a number of theses utilisingthis tools, but this is the first time I've had an issue trying to test one through SoapUI. Is there any logging or debugging I can turn on to try to get some more information as to what might be happening with this import??

Cheers

Chris

ChrisFuller
        New Contributor

So figured it out...trun off proxy and it works, I'm guessing because the web service is internal, and not exteranl so no need to execute via proxy...