Forum Discussion

francosy
2 months ago
Solved

Using SSL server certificate with only public key

Hi,

I am new to SoapUI and I want to create a SOAP request with two different certificates:

• private certificate (file .pfx) for signing,
  •  SSL server certificate (.cer) with public key, used for data encryption.

With the first one I have no issues, I import it in Keystores and use it for signing parts of the message. However, I cannot import SSL server certificate to Keystores since it has no password - I get the following error:

Private key missing (bad password?) 

How to use public certificate with SoapUI? Also, I had to install  self-signed Certification authority to my computer to make the private certificate (used for signing) work with my C# program. Should I do anything with this regard in SoapUI also?

Any help would be appreciated.

• Hi francosy 

Although SoapUI doesn't natively support client-side data encryption using a public certificate, there are other possibilities.

One approach is to trust the server certificate by installing the public certificate (.cer) as a trusted root certificate on your system. This configures SoapUI to recognize and trust the server's certificate when establishing a secure connection, effectively bypassing the need to import the certificate into SoapUI's keystores

Hope this helps - Happy to help further!!
    Thank you very much and have a great one!
    Warm regards

1 Reply

Humashankar
    Champion Level 0

Hi francosy 

Although SoapUI doesn't natively support client-side data encryption using a public certificate, there are other possibilities.

One approach is to trust the server certificate by installing the public certificate (.cer) as a trusted root certificate on your system. This configures SoapUI to recognize and trust the server's certificate when establishing a secure connection, effectively bypassing the need to import the certificate into SoapUI's keystores

Hope this helps - Happy to help further!!
    Thank you very much and have a great one!
    Warm regards