Sorry, I could not reproduce the non population of a dump file...
I updated to the latest version of SoapUI (5.7.2).
I specified a dump file for a REST Request
I executed the test step that was the REST Request
I got content in the file that I specified as the dump file (json response only, not the whole content of the raw tab).
The only thing I noticed that was different from your picture is that the Encoding in the Request Properties is UTF-8. Also, Max Size was 0 instead of 1 million. When I removed UTF-8 and set Max Size to 1000000, I still got output to file. 😞
Are you sure you have write capability to the drive and folder you specified? Maybe try a different folder and see what happens. Also see if anything displays in the SoapUI log or error log that could shed some light on why data is not written.
Thank you for the quick turnaround on my request, Todd,
I will follow you advise and double check all the settings and permissions. Whoever, if the Dump File saves the only JSON payload , it is not what I need. What I need is to have saved the whole response including the headers not the only JSON payload, and it looks like I found out how to get it saved as a file. The thing is that the whole response is captured in the Test Case HTTP Log and it can be exported to a file by using the "Export to File" command available in the popup menu.
Should I need further help, I will reach out to again. Thank you so very much for your time and effort,