Forum Discussion

AdrieVanDijk
New Contributor
8 years ago

testrunner ignores the -t option

When I execute a soapui project on the command line with testrunner.sh on Linux or testrunner.bat on Windows, it seems to ignore the settings file that I specify with the -t option.

No matter what I specify, it always looks in the current directory for a file named soapui-settings.xml and when it is not found there, it looks in the user home directory for the same and when that too does not exist, it creates a new one in the user home directory.

I need this because for only some tests I need to use a proxy and a client certificate, which I have specified in a special settings file. When I put these settings in the standard settings file, its works.

I have googled for similar problems, but I seem to be the only experiencing this, so I must be doing something wrong.

Can anybody enlighten me? Thanks.

3 Replies

MV
    New Contributor

Hi Adrie,

You're not the only one experiencing this problem. I've encountered the same issue and no matter what I try, the -t argument is being ignored by the testrunner :(

I also did not find any solution on the Smartbear forums or via Google. Did you manage to find any solution for this?

AdrieVanDijk
      New Contributor

Hi MV,

It is a real bug. I spent quite some time on debugging soapui and I think something is wrong with the order of the different kind of initializations that are taking place. Apearantly, the developers don't read this forumk.

Finally I decided to let it alone and use a workaround, which is: create a soapui-settings.xml with the required proxy settings and overwrite the existing settings before I call the testrunner. When I dont't want to use the proxy, I simply delete the settings and the testrunner will then create it again with the default values.

Regards,

Adrie

MV
        New Contributor

Thank you for the update and possible workaround. To bad that there isn't a proper solution for this yet. I will probably also use the workaround of replacing the default settings.xml via a batch file or something before executing the tests.