Forum Discussion

KPK
Occasional Contributor
6 years ago

soapui testsuite messing up test cases when running

I am trying to run a test suite. But the runner, messes up the test cases while running. There are 80 test cases in the test suite. So while running, when it is supposed to run Test Case 10, it will run Test Case 9. The specially happens if the Test Case 10 is a Delete operation and the Test Case 9 is a Post.

Is there any way this can be avoided as its messing up my test results. When i am running the test cases manually, then they are passing but in the Test Runner, they get failed.

8 Replies

JHunt
    Community Hero
    So this is about the tests not executing in the right order?

Are you running the tests in sequence (option at the top of the Test Suite Editor window)? Are you using groovy scripts in the test suite?

And are you saying that if you simply change test 10 to something other than delete, then the problem doesn't happen? Very strange.
      KPK
      Occasional Contributor

Hi thanks for replying.

I am running by right clicking and selecting Launch Test Runner. It also executes the test cases in sequence.

I am not using any groovy scripts.

No I am not saying that. What i am saying is, if i launch the Test Runner from the Launch Test Runner window, the test case 10 fails. Even if I select the Test Case 10 explicitly from the Launch Test Runner drop down(where you can select the Test Suite and the individual test case) it still fails.

But if i run the test case by right clicking on the test case manually, it passes. Its very weird. Maybe i need to do an additional setting or something ? Any ideas ?

JHunt
        Community Hero

When you only run test 10 in the TestRunner, what is the failure reason?