Forum Discussion

jinnantonyx
Occasional Contributor
15 years ago

SoapUI Pro 3.0.1 - OutOfMemoryError

Hello fellow forum members,

I created a Mock Service from WSDL/XSD, and the sample response size ranges from 18Mb to over 100Mb.  I was able to open the smaller responses in XML view, but SoapUI throws "java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space" when I click on the "Form" tab, or try to save the project.

The memory log shows 1020224K allocated (which sounds about right, on a machine w/ 2Gb of RAM), and "memory used" quickly goes up to about the same amount.

Since users will need to modify response data, it's pretty important that they be able to use the Form editor.  Are WSDL and schemas this large supported at all?  Can anyone recommend a solution?

Thank you,

jinnantonyx

2 Replies

SmartBear_Suppo
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hi!

Messages of that size will generally not work very well with the form or outline editors unfortunately.. you can try to crank up the memory mx value in the .vmoptions file, but there is a limit at about 1500 for 32-bit JRE's (if you switch to a 64-bit JRE you can overcome this but will need even more memory..)

regards,

/Ole
    eviware.com
    jinnantonyx
    Occasional Contributor
    Hi Ole,

I have installed the 64-bit JRE and SoapUI Pro on a 64-bit Windows box with 48Gb of RAM, upped the Xmx value to 5Gb, and tried to import a multi-meg schema again.  I cannot switch to Form view at all - SoapUI just freezes up...  there are a lot of optional elements in the schema, and the editor attempts to display the entire contents.  I was wondering if starting with the minimal structure and allowing users to add on to it has been considered.

My question is: Can I, at this point, say that schemas this large are not currently supported, or is there anything I can still tweak to get reasonable performance?

Please let me know!

Thanks.

jinnantonyx