Forum Discussion

WcfDec999
New Contributor
11 years ago

SoapUI 4.6.4 ValueType as #X509PKIPathv1 instead of #X509v3

I am using WS-Security to sign SOAP body.
SoapUI 4.6.4 sends BinarySecurityToken ValueType as #X509PKIPathv1 instead of #X509v3.
The certificate that is used is version 3.
.NET 4.0 WCF implementation does not accept ValueType of #X509PKIPathv1, only #X509v3.

Can I change this ?

5 Replies

• Hi,

Can you take a screen shot, and paste your WS-Security configurations tab?
  • Hi,

I see that the password area is empty. The other areas look fine. I also notice that you do not have any Encryption properties just the Signature. I have a web service on my local Tomcat server that uses an X509v3 certificate and I have the encryption configuration as well.
    WcfDec999
    New Contributor
    There is a pass for keystore , private key is unprotected (tihis is TESTING CA).
    Well I took the raw message , search replace v1 -> v3. Turned off WS-sec, pasted my raw message to XML tab, and sent it that way , and there is no more error for v1 valuetype. But WCF service can't deserialize the BinarySecurityToken.
    So I replaced BinarySecurityToken with manualy exported and base64 encoded public key, and it works.

Now I am stuck with signing Timestamp.

I added in Parts table :
    ID Name Namespace Encode
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Timestamp http://docs.oasis-open.org/wss/2004/01/ ... ty-1.0.xsd element
    Body http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/ element

And I get Exception that Body can't be found.

UPDATE : It works now suddenly without any changes, even if I restarted soapUI multipole times to be sure that every part of soapUI uses same config.
  • Is there some way to force SoapUI to use #X509v3 instead of #X509PKIPathv1 (probably some setting or preference in SoapUI)? Or should we use some kind of hacks like WcfDec999 did (including raw xmls and manual pasting of exported certificate into SOAP request)?