Forum Discussion

harmony
New Contributor
9 years ago

Running Datasource test step using WsdlTestCaseRunner

I am using WsdlTestCaseRunner in my java program to run my SOAP test. The SOAP test was created using SOAP UI Pro. In my java code, I have defined the project to be of type WsdlProjectPro.

When I run a SOAP project xml with WsdlTestCaseRunner, I see the normal rest calls executing as expected.

However I dont get the Datasource step running.

Can anyone help me with a solution for getting the datasource step executed?

I see classes "com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.teststeps.datasource", "com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.teststeps.WsdlDataSourceTestStep", but not sure of methods that will be helpful.

6 Replies

rupert_anderson
    Valued Contributor

Hi,

Not sure if I am understanding you right, but do you mean that you developed a Java class to run a SoapUI Pro project containing datasources (or at least coded a SoapUI project with data source steps) and you cant get the DataSource steps to execute? 

If so, have you got a current SoapUI pro / NG licence ? Also if you try running SoapUI Pro features e.g. datasources using SoapUI O/S (one the SoapUI O/S classes), then from memory, the pro feautures get skipped, like you are describing.

Sorry for all the questions, but I wasn't sure exactly what you are looking to do.

Regards,

Rupert

harmony
      New Contributor
      Hi Rupert,
      Thanks for helping me out.
      Yes, I can't get the datasource step running using the Wsdltestcaserunner. The code just passes without doing anything I believe. I say this as I see the next Test step (a rest request) takes a parameterized input through the datasource that gets an empty string.

If the run this on my SOAPUI Pro, it works.

I am trying to find the supported method/class that gets Datasource step executed. My runner is of class Wsdltestcaserunner and my project Wsdlprojectpro. My major test step - ' rest request' gets executed as expected and I am able to read test stepwise responses and assertion results.
    AndyYNWA
    Occasional Contributor

Hi I know its been a while since you posted but I posted something similar today and was wondering if you ever figured out a solution?