Forum Discussion

tejaswiyvs
Occasional Contributor
14 years ago

RAW request empty, but HTTP log contains the request message

Hi,

I've been searching for this the past 1/2 hour or so, but couldn't find anything on the topic. Basically, my problem is exactly what the title reads. I imported a WSDL, created a new soapUI project, and I created a test case with the request I want to send in the XML tab. I execute it and receive a response back from the server, but when I switch to the "Raw view", I only see the request headers. The content-length section seems to be approximately correct and if I open the HTTP Log, the actual request is indeed there, so I'm wondering if it's a config setting that I'm missing.

Apologies for editing / blacking out the content, but I'm working with some sensitive data and I'd rather not post them up on imageshack.

XML Req -
RAW -

Any help is much appreciated!

Thanks,
Teja.

7 Replies

• Hi!

hmm... strange. Do you see the content ok in the HTTP log at the bottom of the soapUI window?

Also please check that the raw request view limit is not set too low in the global UI Settings tab.

Does that help?

regards!

/Ole
    eviware.com
    tejaswiyvs
    Occasional Contributor
    Thanks! The limit was set to 10k characters, increased it and it works fine!
    Fred_Cohen
    New Contributor
    I'm having this same problem with SoapUI 3.6.1 Pro. Changing the "Size of Raw Request Message to Show" doesn't help.
    Attached a screen cap of the problem.
  • Perhaps we can solve your problem.

Now you can see request in RAW.
    chumster
    Occasional Contributor
    For anyone that comes across this...

I moved from Windows 7 to OSX Mountain Lion and when running all of the pre-existing tests in OSX, I was no longer seeing the Request Body in the Raw tab. I was able to quickly get it working by doing what is described in this link: viewtopic.php?t=5440

In a nutshell, you have to go into Preferences-->Editor Settings and check "Vaidate Requests" and "Validate Responses". After doing this, I started seeing the Request Body in the Raw tab.
    shapani
    Occasional Contributor
    I am facing below issue. Continuing this post thread as i have similar issue but now exactly.

I am using SOAPUI pro 4.5.0. I want to print HTTP post request message in my logfile. But, it is null when i try to print it in logfile. I am able to print response message.

Below is the request available ion "Raw" tab in soapui:

POST https://admintools.unstable.qa.*******. ... =get_plans HTTP/1.1
    Accept-Encoding: gzip,deflate
    Content-Type: application/xml

------------
    targetStep1 = testRunner.runTestStepByName("get_service_details")
    objLog.logHTTPTestRequestResult("get_service_details", targetStep1)

request= context.expand('${get_service_details#Request}')
    objLog.logRequest("get_service_details", request.toString())
    response = context.expand('${get_service_details#Response}')
    objLog.logResponse("get_service_details", response)

------------------------------------------
    Is this a bug? Can someone reply plz...

Thanks in advance for your help.
    shapani
    Occasional Contributor
    if (context.containsKey("httpResponseProperties") = true)
    {

ListValue = context.get("httpResponseProperties")
    log.info ListValue;
    }