Forum Discussion

bgoldsto
Occasional Contributor
7 days ago

OpenAPI/Swagger 3.0 Support

Will SoapUI ever support Swagger 3.0 imports into SoapUI?

makila
    New Contributor

Too bad my trick doesnt work for your .json file. You can try to use https://editor.swagger.io/ then to convert the .json into a .yml file as explained in the link posted by nmra

bgoldsto
    Occasional Contributor

makila 

My openapi I am importing also includes refs which is primarily the problem. when importing api with yml file I get this error:

I cannot share openapi file for security reasons.

makila
    New Contributor

There is a trick that worked for me (and may work for you). Importing  openAPI 3.1 files failed at first but I then just changed the extension of the swagger file from .json to .yml

Now I am able to import everything just fine.

bgoldsto
      Occasional Contributor

Was your import type application/yaml?

nmrao
    Champion Level 3

JuZ0 bgoldsto 

As per my understanding, Smartbear reviews the feature requests and I raised for this feature long back. But looks not enough people voted it, so is not implemented I guess.

Please take a moment and vote for the existing  feature request:

OAS 3.0 tooling support | SmartBear Community

Hopefully, it may get into the attention of Smartbear OS product team.

Thanks.

JuZ0
    Contributor

They should. They have code but have intentionally left it out from Open source edition.

In 5.7.0 release notes:

Built-in OpenAPI (Swagger) support

Now, to work with OpenAPI/Swagger definitions, you do not need to use plugins. SoapUI supports it out-of-the-box. Additionally, we've improved integrations with SwaggerHub to make it even more convenient.

They should have included OpenAPI 3.x support in that change. I guess it could happen eventually when some other vendor Open source tools gain more weight. OpenAPI is kinda industry standard so it should be supported in regular basis and not seen as some premium feature.

In the meanwhile I would suggest that community creates a plugin for OpenAPI import functionality.