Forum Discussion

swilson
New Contributor
13 years ago

LoadUI/SoapUI Web Page Test: User Input

Hi,
I have been evaluating loadUI and so far everything looks great. Very well documented and easy to use.

One of my evaluation use-cases is to have a test case for our web-app to:
1) Navigate to the logon page
2) Enter user-name password
3) Click Login and see our post-logon "dashboard" page (user session is maintained in an HTTP cookie. The dashboad will not render without a successful login)

From the loadUI "Testing Web Pages" tutorial I am directed to use soapUI for cases classed as "complex" such as those which need to "Maintain sessions via HTTP Cookies...".
I can only find very basic documentation for setting up a SoapUI web test case. Using this I can navigate to the logon page (step 1) but I can't find how enter to credentials and login (steps 2-3).
My keybaord input is not captured when I use the recorder (it does not appear on screen).

I am using SoapUI v4.0 and LoadUI v1.5 (neither is the professional version).

All of our UI test cases will have a pre-requisite of a logon so this is a show-stopper for our evaluation. It seems a bit like the great documentation stopped just when I got to the fundamentals of what I need to test.

Please can somebody help with this? My only alternative is to switch over to jMeter - loadUI has been so much better so far, I really don't want to do this!

Thanks

Sarah

15 Replies