Forum Discussion

gos2610
New Contributor
4 months ago

JDK 17 Support for SoapUI

Hello dear Smartbear-Team,
is there currently a planning when SoapUI will support JDK 17? If I see it correctly, this has already been done for ReadyAPI.

Do you have a release date for an new SoapUI version supporting JDK 17?

Thanks
Stefan

4 Replies

nmrao
    Champion Level 3

Doe it throw any error when JDK17 is used instead of internal jdk?

gos2610
    New Contributor

We are using the SoapUI for generating a wsmocks.war named WAR-File and install this file into an JDK 17 based Wildfly/JBoss. So in this case we don't use the internal JDK, but we need to generate a JDK 17 ready WAR-File.

The generated WAR-File expecting a javax servlet-Class. So in JBoss 8 or Wildfly 29 there is just a jakarta lib included.

{"WFLYCTL0062: Composite operation failed and was rolled back. Steps that failed:" => {"Operation step-2" => {"WFLYCTL0080: Failed services" => {"jboss.deployment.unit.\"wsmocks.war\".undertow-deployment.UndertowDeploymentInfoService" => "Failed to start service
        Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Failed to link com/eviware/soapui/mockaswar/MockAsWarServlet (Module \"deployment.wsmocks.war\" from Service Module Loader): javax/servlet/http/HttpServlet"}}}}

Carsten_Zimmer
      New Contributor

As an addition to the response of gos2610:

We downloaded and installed are 14days-free-tial-license of ReadyAPI and tried to build our war-file with this version.
      And at the end we got the same error. So the ReadyAPI (which should support Java 17) generated a war-file, which still uses libraries (javax.servlet), which are not supported by a Java17-environment.
      I'm quiet disappointed that the wargenerator.bat was not changed in a way that its created war uses the jakarta-jars, which are expected for a Java17-environment

JOHNSMITH167
    Occasional Contributor

As of my last update in January 2022, I don't have real-time data. To find out SoapUI's support for JDK 17, visit Smartbear's official website or contact their support. Check release notes for updates. For the latest information, consult official channels.# API Flange