Forum Discussion

gio123bg
New Contributor
16 years ago

How to use soapUI as a server.

Hi All,
I am a newbie an I wish to know how I can configure and use soapUI as a Web Server, not as a client.
I hope this is possible ...

Thanks in advance for your kind support.

Regards,

Giovanni

8 Replies

SmartBear_Suppo
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hello,

For this you use the Mock Service functionality described here. It can mock a SOAP service, or serve static files. To serve static files, set the docroot option to the directory containing your static content.

Regards,
    Dain
    eviware support
    Peter_Hofman
    Occasional Contributor
    Hello,

I have been using soapUI several times with mock services, with plain HTTP.
    Unfortunately I have not been able to find a manual/guide that describes how it works with SSL.

Regards,
    pmhofman
    SmartBear_Suppo
    Hi Peter,

Have you tried using SSL Settings that can be reached via File->Preferences menu item?

Cheers!
    /Nenad Nikolic a.k.a. Shonzilla
    SmartBear_Suppo
    Hello!

What kind of problems are you experiencing once having restarted the mock service (without "Leave MockEngine")? Are you getting any error messages? If so, could you please post these? Thank you!

Regards,
    Dain
    eviware support
    Peter_Hofman
    Occasional Contributor
    Hi Dain,

I had another look. Seems like the SSL connection is not closed properly.
    netstat showed the following:

TCP    SoapUITest:1389        SoapUITest.groupinfra.com:9091  CLOSE_WAIT
      TCP    SoapUITest:9091        SoapUITest.groupinfra.com:1389  FIN_WAIT_2

port 9091 is my SSL port.

It takes a while (1 or 2 minutes on my PC) before the port goes to status CLOSE_WAIT, and even then it does not work.
    When the NullPointerException occurs, soapUI enters a state in which it is not possible anymore to use the mock service (no listener is started anymore on the mock SSL port), unless you restart soapUI entirely.

Regards,
    Peter
    Peter_Hofman
    Occasional Contributor
    I was not quite complete in my previous reply.
    When you just start the mock service a listener appears on the mock ssl port (if configured and ssl mock enabled) and it is removed.
    When you stop the mock service no listener is listed on the ssl port with netstat.
    When you start the mock service again, no listener is started on the ssl port.
    When you send a request to the mock service using the ssl endpoint, it does not work, and the NullPointer Exceptions occur.

Regards,
    Peter