Forum Discussion

saftron
Occasional Contributor
8 years ago

How to transfer property from response when contains only values ?

I have API call like below with response of HeartBeat (LocalDateTime) . How can I transfer value and which type to select for transfer ?

GET /v1.0/Wallet/Heartbeat

Response Body

"2017-05-16T18:41:06.0755223Z"

Response Code

Response Headers
{
"content-type": "application/json; charset=utf-8"
}

9 Replies

HKosova
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi saftron,

Your question sounds like it's about SoapUI or Ready! API, but this forum is for SwaggerHub. Could you please clarify which product are you using? Thanks!

saftron
      Occasional Contributor

I am using SoapUI 5.3 open source. thru Swagger API.

HKosova

OK, I've moved your question to the SoapUI forum where it's likely to get better responses.

PaulMS
    Super Contributor

Select the source test step and source property = response.

You can select the path language JSONPath, but in this case the Xpath/JSONPath selection field should be blank otherwise the the property transfer will fail with Invalid JSON error.

The response can be transferred without using JSONPath selection but the value will include the quotation marks.

saftron
      Occasional Contributor

Thank you for your response. But response which I send as json request which getting failed due to format. How to trim my json values ?

Actual Results:  "LocalDateTime": "\"2017-05-17T15:20:51.1117456Z\"",

Expected Results:  "LocalDateTime": "2017-05-17T15:20:51.1117456Z",

HKosova

In this case Property Transfer transfers the entire response contents, including the quotes around the value. To transfer the unquoted value, you need to use a Groovy script instead.

For example, you can extract the value to a test case property named timestamp:

// Replace "Test Step 1" with your test step name
        def value = testRunner.testCase.testSteps["Test Step 1"].testRequest.response.responseContent // remove the enclosing quotes value = value.replaceAll('^"|"$', '') testRunner.testCase.setPropertyValue("timestamp", value)

and in the second request, use

${#TestCase#timestamp}
    nmrao
    Champion Level 3
    Response does not seem to appear as json but header says it's json. Please check with your application / service provider or contact with your team if it is internal.