Forum Discussion

jc111
Occasional Contributor
11 years ago

Content-Transfer-Encoding: binary

How can i change this value when posting a form (Content-Transfer-Encoding: binary)

I'm getting a bad response from the server and I notice that in curl there is no Content-Transfer-Encoding for the part set and the request worksfine.

4 Replies

jc111
    Occasional Contributor
    Does this only work on the Pro version? I tried adding a Groovy script before the HTTP Test Request step and also tried moving it to afterwards and I still get that line in the request. Also, how can I add "Content-Type: application/xml" below "Content-Disposition"?

When that didn't work, as a workaround I tried post all the actual characters for the body including the form parts and manually added the "Content-Type". It seems that soapUI parses the request body based on the media type in the drop down. My content ended up having the '\r's removed. It would be useful to have an option to paste in raw data so there is no parsing (at least for the body, maybe for headers as well).
  • Hi,

Forgot to mention that above solution can be done in SoapUI Pro.
    SmartBear_Suppo
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Also for a single change, you can look at the bottom of your request editor for the "Headers" subtab. You can overwrite the header value there

Thanks,
    Michael Giller
    SmartBear Software