Forum Discussion

vasudhamohan18
Occasional Contributor
12 years ago

Connection problem with JDBC in soap ui pro 4.5.1

Hi,

Recently I installed Soap Ui Pro 4.5.1 licensed , i am facing problem with JDBC connection.when I test the jdbc connection getting error message. Before i used to work on soap ui pro 4.0.1 I didn't face this problem.... it was connected to JDBC

Error message:

com.eviware.soapui.support.SoapUIException: Failed to init connection for drvr [oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver], connectionString [jdbc:oracle:thin:LYT3ODSM/tibco@lylTST01db.federated.fds:1511/LYLTST03]

Drivers which i have downloaded jar files are as follows:
1) ojdbc6.jar
2) ojdbc6_g.jar
3) ojdbc6dms.jar
4) ojdbc6dms_g.jar
5) ojdbc14.jar
6) ojdbc14_g.jar

Can u please help to solve my issue..

Thanks & regards
V Mohan kumar

4 Replies

RJanecek
    Regular Contributor
    try to edit soapui-pro.sh. Just add this line to the end of soapui_classpath:

SOAPUI_CLASSPATH=$SOAPUI_CLASSPATH:$SOAPUI_HOME/bin/ext/ojdbc14.jar

I hope you have this library in ext folder
      nmrao
      Champion Level 3
      Do not edit shell script, as it is not required in this case. Soapui picks up all the jar files placed under soapui_home/bin/ext directory.
    Aaronliu
    Frequent Contributor
    As you list here, put ojdbc14.jar in %SOAPUI%\ext and then restart your soapUI. Generally the SOAPUI Pro has configured the connection string for user.
  • Hi,

I am trying to connect using oracle using follwing coonection strin but getting error as -

Failed to init connection for drvr [oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver], connectionString [jdbc:oracle:thin:Username/#####@HostName:1202:SERVICE NAME]

Question1 - Do I need to include some jar files to confugure it ? Please let me know the link for downloading these jar files.

Question 2 - instead of SID I am using DB service name is this a correct method. Let me know how can I connect to Oracle Database if I have follwing info with me - HOST,PORT,USername ,Password and Databse Service Name.

Can you help on this? This is urgent.