Forum Discussion

OMF-SC
New Contributor
8 months ago

Can an end user move jar files to SoapUI 5.5? -- Help Please!

Hello! The issue is with the C drive files as user has to move some files from the C drive to run the software but is unable to do as it requires admin rights...Can this with out admin rights? Is there another way to move files in SoapUI?

6 Replies

ChrisAdams
    Champion Level 3

nmrao, from experience, you'd be surprised how difficult it can be to ask an organisation to change their policies and to get it approved.

• Hello @OMF-SC

You are out of luck if administrator is not your friend.  Did IT department install SoapUI for you?  If it was installed for you, then you are probably really out of luck... Windows does not like non-administrators messing with C:\Program Files.

If you were the one who installed SoapUI, you have control on where to install it since it is a prompt during installation.  Do not install it in C:\Program Files...  Try some other location that is: 1) On a different drive than 'C' if available.

2) Not in a 'Program Files' folder.

i.e.  D:\Apps\SmartBear\SoapUI-5.7.2

Getting away from administrator (and Microsoft controlled) location should allow you to move files easier (i hope)  :)

Regards,

Todd

OMF-SC
      New Contributor

Thanks, I will give that a try 

nmrao
    Champion Level 3

I believe it should not be a difficult to get it approved with IT as it is work related.

OMF-SC
      New Contributor

Can this be done without admin credentials? 

Is there another way to move files in SoapUI?

nmrao
    Champion Level 3

Don't deny. Policies may vary organization to organisation, and operating systems too play role to some extent. Of course, business justification is sought some cases which might take some time.