Forum Discussion

Sjakie
Occasional Contributor
15 years ago

add/remove elements from xml-request

For some time i have been looking for this. I hope someone can help me. I am looking if the Pro version is suitable for my company.

Because of the large number of request, I'm converting to a DataSource. The data is coming from Excel. The Request-message has a number of optional elements, but these have to be filled or not present.

How am I able to do this? With Groovy or with MockService? Could you give an example?

My idea is to get the value from the excel-datasource, see it if is null. If it is, remove the element.

Thanks in advance.

4 Replies

Sjakie
    Occasional Contributor
    My project contains 4 steps. First is the DataSource, second my request, third is the DataSink and last is the DataSourceLoop.

Do i have to insert the Groovy script after the DataSource? How do I get my request loaded in this script, so I can modifiy it? Do you have an example of this?
    AnandKiran
    Frequent Contributor
    Hi,

Try this pattern,
    1.First use your data source step to input all the requried values into the Request XML.
    2.Then add the groovy script --to check whether the Request XML has any empty nodes, if so then remove them. (you can get hold of your XML using this
    def request = context.expand( '${${operationname}#Request#//soapenv:Envelope}' )
    3.At last comes your data sink step.

Sorry, I dont have any examples on this.

Regards
    Anand
    Sjakie
    Occasional Contributor
    That's IT!!! With the context.expand(..) I can get my request, change what I need to and run the tests. Next step is figuring out the logging.

Thank you very much!!