Forum Discussion

Sean_Cohan
Occasional Contributor
14 years ago

WADL Creation Doesn't Handle Two Way SSL Correctly

We are using a WADL that is protected with Two Way SSL. When I create the project, I have to set the keystore first, so I do not get the WADL at first. Now, when I attempt to get the WADL, I get this:

javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target

Now, I believe this is because the WADL importer is not handling the security properly. I can tell because I can get through the SSLHandshakeException if I attempt to import it as a WSDL. When I do this a pop-up occurs that allows me to enter a user name and a password. This does not happen if I attempt to get the WADL as a WADL, so it does not have the proper credentials to get it. Of course, there is a WSDL error, as I'm importing a WADL, but it gets to the server and can download the file to get to this point.

I have a JKS with the appropriate user in it and the CA is correctly installed in the java cacerts. I know this is correct because I can get the WADL to work with tests when I download it and install it from my desktop. I can continue to use this for now, but I thought I should bring up this as a bug.

This will get in the way of updating the WADL definition when you have that feature added in the future

3 Replies

SmartBear_Suppo
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hi!

Great Thanks, its in the backlog to be fixed for 4.0!

regards,

/Ole
    eviware.com
  • We had the same problem and figured it is happening because some external schemas are out of reach behind the firewall. for example: http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/
    Some error handling in this case could help a lot.
    SmartBear_Suppo
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hi!

I've created a feature request for this (SOAP-1134) and we'll inform you when we have more information on this.

--
    Regards

Erik
    SmartBear Sweden