Forum Discussion

snehchaya
Occasional Contributor
13 years ago

Using LOADUI for SOAP Over JMS Load Testing

Hi,

I am using SOAPUI 4.0.1 with Hermes JMS to do the testing of my SOAP Over JMS Webservice. I am able to successfully test my service.

I want to use LOAD UI to use the above SOAPUI Project to do the load testing of the same service , but it shows below error on the loadui console.

My questions are:
1) Is it possible to use LOADUI for SOAP Over JMS Load testing.
2) If yes how and where do I set the path for Hermes JMS ? I tried to set it in the system path and classpath , it did not work.

Please help with these questions as I need to resolve this urgently , I did not find any information about configuring use of hermes JMS for LOADUI in any of the forums. if we can not use LOADUI for such testing then I need to look for another tool to achieve the same.

14:32:33,839 INFO [HttpClientSupport$Helper] Initializing KeyStore
14:32:33,843 INFO [HttpClientSupport$Helper] Set KeyMaterial from file [C:\tibco\ems\6.0\samples\certs\client_identity.p12]
ExecutionChangeSupport:fireExecutionStarted()
14:33:21,291 ERROR [SoapUI] An error occured [hermes/JAXBHermesLoader], see error log for details
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: hermes/JAXBHermesLoader
at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.submit.transports.jms.util.HermesUtils.addHermesJarsToClasspath(HermesUtils.java:130)
at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.submit.transports.jms.util.HermesUtils.getHermes(HermesUtils.java:74)
at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.submit.transports.jms.util.HermesUtils.hermesContext(HermesUtils.java:55)
at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.submit.transports.jms.util.HermesUtils.getHermes(HermesUtils.java:200)
at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.submit.transports.jms.HermesJmsRequestTransport.getHermes(HermesJmsRequestTransport.java:210)
at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.submit.transports.jms.HermesJmsRequestTransport.init(HermesJmsRequestTransport.java:101)
at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.submit.transports.jms.HermesJmsRequestSendReceiveTransport.execute(HermesJmsRequestSendReceiveTrans
5)
at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.submit.transports.jms.HermesJmsRequestTransport.sendRequest(HermesJmsRequestTransport.java:95)
at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.WsdlSubmit.run(WsdlSubmit.java:123)
at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.WsdlSubmit.submitRequest(WsdlSubmit.java:76)
at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.WsdlRequest.submit(WsdlRequest.java:238)
at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.teststeps.WsdlTestRequestStep.run(WsdlTestRequestStep.java:366)
at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.support.AbstractTestCaseRunner.runTestStep(AbstractTestCaseRunner.java:232)
at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.testcase.WsdlTestCaseRunner.runCurrentTestStep(WsdlTestCaseRunner.java:48)
at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.support.AbstractTestCaseRunner.internalRun(AbstractTestCaseRunner.java:141)
at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.support.AbstractTestCaseRunner.internalRun(AbstractTestCaseRunner.java:42)
at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.support.AbstractTestRunner.run(AbstractTestRunner.java:135)
at com.eviware.loadui.components.soapui.SoapUISamplerComponent$SoapUITestCaseRunner.run(SoapUISamplerComponent.java:975)
at com.eviware.loadui.components.soapui.SoapUISamplerComponent.sample(SoapUISamplerComponent.java:831)
at com.eviware.loadui.impl.component.categories.RunnerBase.doSample(RunnerBase.java:496)
at com.eviware.loadui.impl.component.categories.RunnerBase.access$700(RunnerBase.java:70)
at com.eviware.loadui.impl.component.categories.RunnerBase$Worker.run(RunnerBase.java:773)
at com.eviware.loadui.util.dispatch.CustomThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(CustomThreadPoolExecutor.java:188)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: hermes.JAXBHermesLoader not found by com.eviware.soapui.loadui-soapui-plugin [35]
at org.apache.felix.framework.ModuleImpl.findClassOrResourceByDelegation(ModuleImpl.java:787)
at org.apache.felix.framework.ModuleImpl.access$400(ModuleImpl.java:71)
at org.apache.felix.framework.ModuleImpl$ModuleClassLoader.loadClass(ModuleImpl.java:1768)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:247)
... 24 more
14:33:21,301 ERROR [WsdlSubmit] Exception in request: java.lang.NullPointerException
14:33:21,302 ERROR [SoapUI] An error occured [java.lang.NullPointerException], see error log for details
java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.WsdlSubmit.run(WsdlSubmit.java:130)
at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.WsdlSubmit.submitRequest(WsdlSubmit.java:76)
at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.WsdlRequest.submit(WsdlRequest.java:238)
at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.teststeps.WsdlTestRequestStep.run(WsdlTestRequestStep.java:366)
at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.support.AbstractTestCaseRunner.runTestStep(AbstractTestCaseRunner.java:232)
at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.testcase.WsdlTestCaseRunner.runCurrentTestStep(WsdlTestCaseRunner.java:48)
at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.support.AbstractTestCaseRunner.internalRun(AbstractTestCaseRunner.java:141)
at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.support.AbstractTestCaseRunner.internalRun(AbstractTestCaseRunner.java:42)
at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.support.AbstractTestRunner.run(AbstractTestRunner.java:135)
at com.eviware.loadui.components.soapui.SoapUISamplerComponent$SoapUITestCaseRunner.run(SoapUISamplerComponent.java:975)
at com.eviware.loadui.components.soapui.SoapUISamplerComponent.sample(SoapUISamplerComponent.java:831)
at com.eviware.loadui.impl.component.categories.RunnerBase.doSample(RunnerBase.java:496)
at com.eviware.loadui.impl.component.categories.RunnerBase.access$700(RunnerBase.java:70)
at com.eviware.loadui.impl.component.categories.RunnerBase$Worker.run(RunnerBase.java:773)
at com.eviware.loadui.util.dispatch.CustomThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(CustomThreadPoolExecutor.java:188)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)

Thanks,
SnehChaya.

9 Replies

snehchaya
    Occasional Contributor
    I tried to add the Jax-b-api.jar from hermes lib to the path for loadui , but it still does not help as its not able to find the class JAXBHermesLoader in that jar.

Does anyone know which jar I can find this class file?

Thanks,
    Snehchaya.
    snehchaya
    Occasional Contributor
    So I found the class its in the hermes.jar , but now the problem is how do we add it to the loadui classpath.

I added it to the system properties file and can see java.class.path from the resulting system properties from loadui , but while I run the test case I still get the same error of No Class Definition Found.

Thanks,
    Snehchaya.
    snehchaya
    Occasional Contributor
    I am really surprised that so far no one has run into similar issue using LOADUI.

I need help desperately.

Thanks,
    Snehchaya.
  • Hi,

Add hermes-*.jar to the SoapUI/lib directory and restart the soapUI.

Regards,
    Rohit Shingalapur
  • Hi,

Ok then explicitly add this jar file to your system CLASSPATH.

Regards,
    Rohit Shingalapur
    snehchaya
    Occasional Contributor
    Rohit,

I tried all those options and keep on getting the same error. Seems like the class path is getting changed at runtime somehow because of which its not able to find that class in the path.

I am hoping someone from LOADUI team can take a look at this and provide a solution.

Regards,
    Deepa Patwa.
    SmartBear_Suppo
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hi!

Currently, JMS is the only thing that the soapUI Runner doesn't support. We will look into this in the future.

Regards

Henrik
    SmartBear Software
    snehchaya
    Occasional Contributor
    Hi Henrik,

Thanks much for a reply on this. Atleast now I can leave trying to get it work.

Regards,
    Snehchaya.