Forum Discussion

blade
Occasional Contributor
9 years ago

Unexpected error when running test case that has groovy test step in 1.5.0

Hi,

I get the following error appearing on the logs for a test case with the groovy test step is not completing (steps remain greyed out):

Wed Nov 18 08:04:34 GMT 2015:ERROR:Error notifying listener after run
   java.lang.IllegalStateException: Test history is disabled
    at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.history.DefaultLatest​RunsProvider.a(DefaultLatestRunsProvider.java:95)
    at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.history.DefaultLatest​RunsProvider.getLatestRun(DefaultLatestRunsProvide​r.java:138)
    at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.panels.testcase.ProWs​dlTestCaseDesktopPanel$InternalTestRunListener.aft​erRun(ProWsdlTestCaseDesktopPanel.java:921)
    at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.support.AbstractTestC​aseRunner.notifyAfterRun(AbstractTestCaseRunner.ja​va:316)
    at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.support.AbstractTestC​aseRunner.internalFinally(AbstractTestCaseRunner.j​ava:188)
    at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.support.AbstractTestC​aseRunner.internalFinally(AbstractTestCaseRunner.j​ava:1)
    at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.support.AbstractTestR​unner.run(AbstractTestRunner.java:154)
    at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.cal​l(Unknown Source)
    at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(​Unknown Source)
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run​(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

The test history is disabled due to feedback I got on a previous post reply:

Re: Test Case not completing gracefully when Groovy Test Step accessing database.

blade
    9 years ago

Hi Tanya,

Support supplied me with the following steps that resolved my problem.

Please try to re-enable the Test Run History:
    1. Remove the "-Dtest.history.disabled=true" option to the <R!API installation folder>\bin\ReadyAPI-1.5.0.vmoptions file.
    2. Update the Test Run History database (
    http://screencast.com/t/x0GRPJCp).

Regards,

blade
      Occasional Contributor

Hi Tanya,

I have installed the latest maintenance build of 1.5.0 and the issue is still occuring, but it is not localized to tests with just a groovy test step. It is happening with all of my tests.

Upon running a test it gets to the end, but all test steps remain greyed out and test does not complete. In the Ready API log the following error is displayed:

Wed Nov 25 07:16:41 GMT 2015:ERROR:Error notifying listener after run
         java.lang.IllegalStateException: Test history is disabled

When I re-enable the test history and run the test again I get the following error message:

Wed Nov 25 07:24:45 GMT 2015:WARN:Not storing test run data for TestCase '05. Terminal Info' since there is no repository.

Wed Nov 25 07:24:45 GMT 2015:WARN:Not storing test step run data (latest runs) for TestCase '05. Terminal Info' since there is no database repository.

Wed Nov 25 07:24:47 GMT 2015:ERROR:Failed to publish message.

Wed Nov 25 07:24:47 GMT 2015:ERROR:Failed to publish message.

java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException

I will contact the support team with my issues.

Thanks.

TanyaYatskovska
        SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi Blade,

Thanks for raising the Support Team regarding the issue. Please let us know the solution they will provide you with.