Forum Discussion

14 years ago

"Unexpected element: CDATA" in single project

11:52:18,893 ERROR [SoapUI] An error occured [error: Unexpected element: CDATA], see error log for details
11:52:19,185 ERROR [SoapUI] An error occured [error: Unexpected element: CDATA], see error log for details
11:52:19,220 ERROR [SoapUI] An error occured [error: Unexpected element: CDATA], see error log for details
11:52:19,266 ERROR [WsdlSubmit] Exception in request: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused
11:52:19,266 ERROR [SoapUI] An error occured [Connection refused], see error log for details

I've found references to the above error when people have combined projects, but I have a single test suite.

The error only occurs on attempting to run the test cases (i.e. not in the initial loading and parsing of the project file).

This is also in the GUI, not the testrunner script.

And finally, I've reproduced it in todays SNAPSHOT (April 14 2011)

I can't send the project file for NDA reasons.

Can we increase the log level to see the exact location the project file that its tripping over ? Since I suspect its a bad data file - its taken me two days to merge this from SVN, and I can't spend another two days redoing the work.

I have validated the file is well formed using an XML editor - but it would be nice to have a DTD for the project file - file that as an RFE.

thanks

richard.

1 Reply

SmartBear_Suppo
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hi,

Can you check the Error log to see if there is any more information there? I'll attach the XSD for the project file (had to change the extension to txt for the forum), hope it helps!

Regards,
    Dain
    eviware.com