Forum Discussion

hellje01
New Contributor
7 years ago

TestRunner - disable decompression setting

Refer to the linked AlertSite post:

https://community.smartbear.com/t5/AlertSite/SoapUI-Monitor-Disable-decompression-setting/td-p/151201

I've created a separate settings.xml file that has the value of the "disable response decompression" setting flipped to "true":

<con:setting id="HttpSettings@disable_response_decompression">true</con:setting>

I've used the -t flag in the TestRunner Custom Args to leverage the new settings file, and I can see it referenced in the log messages as the TestRunner executes.

The test case still fails however due to the content-encoding header being missing. In this case, I believe the response is being decompressed before the Test Case gets its hands on it due to that setting. I also copied the same command out of the TestRunner GUI and ran it in a command prompt directly with the same results.

When you check the checkbox through the Preferences interface, it requires a Ready API restart. Does that mean that even though I'm providing a different settings file to the TestRunner, it doesn't respect that specific value?

Is there any other way to get that setting configured for the TestRunner?

Is it possible to get my hands on the original request details before being altered?

1 Reply

nmrao
    Champion Level 3
    You may give a try by copying the modified settings file under user profile directory (that is where it looks for the default settings file) to see if that helps?