Forum Discussion

stephen346
Occasional Contributor
14 years ago

Test case not stoping, unable to restart testcase

Hello,

I am seeing some odd issues.

1) Sometimes when I halt a test run, I will see that pop up box with the message 'waiting for test to complete' and the Stats window also stop cloecting data. Other times I do not see this message box, but the requests Running value is dropping, and the stats window is still moving. When this happens I have looked in the system log and I see that even once the running value is zero it has and ton of activity.

2) Other times the requests just seem to stop making more, and I am not sure as to why. The Requests value is always different, they are not going into the Queue or the discarded or failed counters. I am not sure what is making this occur.

I have altered the Thread setting in different area to allow for more request to be running at once, as 100 was too few, I have this value set to 5000.

I have version 1.0.1 and I also tried the 1.0.2-snapshot from the nightly builds, same results.

I am not sure if these are bugs, or something I am doing, or an issue from the webservices I am calling.

I would like to do a clean install, or get the setting back to the originals.

I assume that I will also need to dump my project I have now as the setting are within the projects as well.

Any thoughts???

Thanks

Stephen

2 Replies

SmartBear_Suppo
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hello,

If you could post either your project file, or a simplified project where you are still having these problems that would greatly help us in tracking down bugs in the software. Also please include as much information as possible on how to reproduce these bugs. Are you running tests in local mode, or in distributed mode? If distributed, how many agents? As for the settings, yes, some are stored in the project file itself, and others are stored in the workspace file. To completely wipe the settings back to the defaults, delete the workspace file from your .loadui folder. A new one will automatically be created on startup, which won't contain any of your projects. You can then create new projects or import your existing ones again, but those you import may have different settings then the defaults.

Regards,
    Dain
    eviware.com
    stephen346
    Occasional Contributor
    Hello,

It looks like the issue I had was with changing the threading and queue limits.

WorkSpace:
    Max Internal Threads = 10000
    Max Internal Thread Queue Aizxe = 10000

soapUI Runner
    maxQueueSize 10000
    concurrentSamples 10000

When I would run my script this way I had issues in stopping the test.

What is odd is on the first run of the test it would stop, it was on the second run of the script that it had issues.

Today it is better... settings are
    WorkSpace:
    Max Internal Threads = 1000
    Max Internal Thread Queue Aizxe = 1000

soapUI Runner
    maxQueueSize 500
    concurrentSamples 100

So far it seems fine.

I have been using both Local testing and testing with 5 upto 5 Agents.

The Agents are all in house and on the same network segment.

If I have the issue again, and can get more details for you I will pass them along.

I love Both SoapUI and LoadUI

Stephen