Forum Discussion

jkrier
Regular Contributor
10 years ago

SoapUI Pro Certificate

Hi, I have taken the SoapUI Pro On Demand training and am about to take the certificate exam but I was wondering. If I take it and do not pass can I take it again or do I have to pay to take it again?

I checked here http://www.soapui.org/Support/certification.html but it doesn't say.

Also, how well does the video training correlate to the exam? If I did well on all of the training course tests should I expect to do well on the exam?

12 Replies

SmartBear_Suppo
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hello,

You can take the test up to 2 times, if you fail the first time you have a second chance. You will have to contact your account representative so that the second try can be activated. Let me know if you have further issues or questions.

Regards,
    Temil
      Aman85
      Occasional Contributor

I want to buy SOAPUI NG PRO Training/Certification package.I was wondering For How long is the Subscription of $149 Soapui NG PRO Training videos valid?

Please help me with this query

jkrier
    Regular Contributor
    Hi Temil,

Thanks for your response. The only other thing I am curious about is how much the test is based on the video training. Are there any questions during the test that are not covered by the video training and if so can you recommend areas to study? I'm not looking for answers but if the test covers more than the video training I would like the ability to read/study those areas before taking the test.

Thanks,

Jeff
    SmartBear_Suppo
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hello,

The Video training has sufficient info to pass the certification.

Regards,
    Temil
    jkrier
    Regular Contributor
    Thanks Temil, I will try and take the exam as soon as possible.
    jkrier
    Regular Contributor
    I wanted to add an update in case others look at this post. I found that the video training is not sufficient (by a long shot) to pass the course. For example, there are maybe 5 (or more) questions regarding Attachments. I do not recall these being covered at all during the video courses. In fact, I took a screenshot of all of the video courses plus my course exam results and attachments are not covered. This was not the only missing information I found in the training but by far the most egregious.

If I were looking to do this again after taking it once I would probably just watch the current videos offered on the site versus paying for the training. I did not find it all that helpful. It would probably be beneficial to someone who has very little exposure to SoapUI Pro but then again the video does not cover enough information/subjects to pass the final exam anyways so again, it would not help a new user to pass the certificate exam.

And yes I did pass but, I got 100% on almost all of the training course exams (lowest score would probably have been 85% but they don't grade it this way so I can't say for sure) and did not even get close to that on the final exam.
      ajay1902
      Occasional Contributor

Hi jkrier,

Congrats on clearing your exam, but would it be possible to share the list of topics covered in the exam or any syllabus that was shared with you or anything that you can pin down that can help people (like me) who plan to take up this exam without the on demand video but cant find the Syllabus or what to look forward to from the exam.

I know the request is coming after a long time but would be helpful if you can share some more feedback to help :)

Thanks in Advance!!

Regards,

Ajay

jkrier wrote:
      I wanted to add an update in case others look at this post. I found that the video training is not sufficient (by a long shot) to pass the course. For example, there are maybe 5 (or more) questions regarding Attachments. I do not recall these being covered at all during the video courses. In fact, I took a screenshot of all of the video courses plus my course exam results and attachments are not covered. This was not the only missing information I found in the training but by far the most egregious.

If I were looking to do this again after taking it once I would probably just watch the current videos offered on the site versus paying for the training. I did not find it all that helpful. It would probably be beneficial to someone who has very little exposure to SoapUI Pro but then again the video does not cover enough information/subjects to pass the final exam anyways so again, it would not help a new user to pass the certificate exam.

And yes I did pass but, I got 100% on almost all of the training course exams (lowest score would probably have been 85% but they don't grade it this way so I can't say for sure) and did not even get close to that on the final exam.

• Hi,

I am very confident that I can pass SoapUI Pro certification exam easily, but I'm a little perfectionist and a little afraid to fail and lose my money. Hence I need to get some hints from one of you guys who has already taken it.
    Would you please provide some more details here, or kindly send me a short message or contact my email (payam_prz@yahoo.com)? I'd really appreciate your help.
  • Is there any training center in Chicago, or how do we take the exam? And also once we purchased, within how many days we should take exam.

How long the certification is valid.

Please any one help me.

polya
    New Contributor

Hi,

Just wanted to ask if when purchasing the SoapUI NG Pro Certification there is the option of a second shot (when failing to take the exam the first time).

Also, can you tell me if the information provided in the http://www.soapui.org/ site is enough for exam preparation. Are there any other topics included in the exam that are not explained/covered in the site.

Thank you.