Forum Discussion

IBM_-_PA_Suppor
Occasional Contributor
11 years ago

[Resolved]maven 4.5.1 pro plugin and url encoding

I have been trying to use the maven-soapui-pro-plugin version 4.5.1 but the results from my executions using the free 4.0.1 plugin and the pro 4.5.1 plugin are different.

In my request parameters I am sending special characters that I expect will be encoded by default. This seems to happen correctly with 4.0.1 version but 4.5.1 does not send the encoded values. Its as if the "Disable Encoding" check box has been selected by default for the pro version.

Can I change whether url encoding is turned on or off from the configuration of the plugin? If yes, could you show an example. If not - please let me know a workaround.

Btw the request parameter in question is sent as a template style if that may be useful to debug.

3 Replies

SiKing
    Community Expert
    Certain characters under certain conditions are not getting encoded. This is a known bug SOAP-625.
    SmartBear_Suppo
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hi,

Regarding the encoding issue I would recommend you to try 4.6.1 release. After 4.5.1, there has been few bug fixes related to encoding problem. Also we have release the maven plugin for 4.6.1. So I would really recommend please try the 4.6.1 maven plugin. If you still have problems then please get back to us with examples for your specific case.

Regarding the configuration, if it is a global SoapUI settings that you change from "Preferences" menu then you can actually pass settingsFile as an argument to the plugin. Settings files are saved in user's home directory named as soapui-settings.xml.

Regards,
    Shadid
    IBM_-_PA_Suppor
    Occasional Contributor
    Thank you. I upgraded to the latest maven 4.6.1 pro plugin and now I'm back in business.