Forum Discussion

NHussey
Occasional Contributor
10 years ago

[Res] Can't run imported groovy step in LoadUI

I have a test that works fine in SoapUI pro. I imported it into a trial version of LoadUI pro. It fails on a groovy step when I do run once. Nothing is printed to the table log, and I don't know where to go to get the error. .loadui/logs/soapui.log shows no errors, and .loadui/logs/soapui-errors.log is empty.

The groovy is super simple:
def startMillis = System.currentTimeMillis()
context.startMillis = startMillis

4 Replies

SmartBear_Suppo
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hi,

This maybe related to the different versions of Groovy that LoadUI Pro and SoapUI Pro uses. Back up the groovy-all jar file in <LoadUI Pro install>\bundle directory, copy the groovy-all jar file from <SoapUI Pro install>\lib directory to <LoadUI Pro install>\bundle, and then restart LoadUI Pro. Try running your test again and see if you still have the same problem.

Also, what version of SoapUI Pro are you using? That could make a difference as well.

Regards,
    Marcus
    SmartBear Support
    NHussey
    Occasional Contributor
    Thanks for responding.

Switching the jar causes LoadUI to fail to open. I tried changing the name to groovy-all-1.8.5.jar in case it was just looking for a filename, but that didn't work.

Versions:
    LoadUI Pro = 2.8.1, Build version = 2014/11/13, groovy-all-1.8.5.jar
    SoapUI Pro = 5.1.2, Build Date = 20140904-1426, groovy-all-2.1.7.jar
    SmartBear_Suppo
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hi,

Please copy groovy-all-1.8.5.jar back to LoadUI Pro. I created a SoapUI Pro test case using a Groovy test step with the same code you posted and it is running successfully for me in LoadUI Pro 2.8.1. Please try the following attached project in LoadUI Pro and let me know if it works for you, this could be a config issue or something.

Regards,
    Marcus
    SmartBear Support
    NHussey
    Occasional Contributor
    Thanks for your help. It's running now. I think you must be right that it's a config problem. I didn't make any changes to code or script, but I made some config changes to make it run better in SoapUI load test. After those changes, it works in LoadUI. The project you gave me ran without issue also, so I think whatever the problem was is now fixed for everything.

Thanks again.