Forum Discussion

infomaven
Occasional Contributor
11 years ago

Request Editor: Unable to add new parameter

I have an REST method that I cam setting up to be used in a testCase. It uses two HEADER parameters and requires a TEMPLATE parameter at the end of the url path.

When invoked, the format will be http://<server>/<serviceName>/rest/<resource>/{id}

My HEADER params got populated automatically (they are pretty much universal for the whole API). However, when I try to use the '+' icon in the editor to add a TEMPLATE param to the list, my entry does not get added to the list. Just to be sure, I have tried this several times. The grid still contains my original header parameters (one for utoken, one for content-type).

I am following instructions on soapui.org from this page >> http://www.soapui.org/REST-Testing/unde ... parameters

2 Replies

infomaven
    Occasional Contributor
    There is actually more going on.

A few days after my unsuccessful attempts to add a third parameter to my POST request, when I went in and opened the Request editor, I saw a long list of duplicate entries that appeared to match what I had tried to add earlier that week.

When I tried to remove these extra entries, the editor "froze" and the entire user interface started to look strange...as if the application was out of memory. I was able to use other parts of SOAPUI without issues, but whenever I try to modify the parameter using the REST Request editor, the application stops responding.

Is there an alternate way to get the parameter added or to resolve the memory issue?
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------
    OS = windows 7 pro
    SOAPUI = version 4.6, 32-bit
    java = v7, 32-bit (I think....not sure how to tell)
    SmartBear_Suppo
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hi,

Thanks for reporting this. We've revamped the whole parameter functionality in the upcoming 4.6.1 release. Maybe you can try downloading it when it's out (we hope it'll be out very soon) and see if you still have similar issues?

Kind regards,
    Manne