Forum Discussion

User999
Contributor
3 years ago

ReadyAPI not displaying List of Functional Tests Overview

Hi,

When using ReadyAPI, the Functional Tests list overview is not displaying and not the showing any Test Suites?  Does anyone know how to fix this issue?

Thanks

5 Replies

richie
    Community Hero

Hey User999 

I don't think anything is broken - I just think you need to alter your 'view'.  Couple of questions:

Q1. What version of ReadyAPI! are you using?

Q2. Can you provide screenshots of your ReadyAPI instance so we can see exactly what you're looking at and what you're attempting to view please?

Is your 'focus' on the 'Dashboards', rather than 'Projects'?  The reason I ask - when you launch ReadyAPI - the default focus is displaying the 'Dashboards' and you cant see any projects/apis/testsuites/etc. (see below)

If you click on the 'Projects' button (adjacent to the 'Dashboards' button)  - the 'project navigator' is revealed and it's here in the 'project navigator' where you see all your projects, their services/APIs and the associated testsuites/testcases - see the following screencapture.

Cheers,

Rich

User999
      Contributor

I am using ReadyAPI v3.7.0.  

It is not the 'view' as I can see all projects clearly.  

Example below of PetStore:

Example below still stays on PetStore when I click Functional Tests within my project:

When I go to click Functional Tests in my project it doesn't seem to 'update' and show my Functional Tests and keeps staying on 'last clicked item'.

I have tried removing and importing again etc.

Thanks

richie
        Community Hero

Hey User999 

Ok - I've tried replicating what I can see on your 2nd screencapture. 

You have added in the petstore swagger to create the petstore project

You have a single testsuite in the 'Functional Tests' object.

You have the pestore APIs object minimised

You have the 'Functional Tests' object expanded to one level (revealing a single testsuite)

See below for my attempt to replicate your screenshot

At this point, I've clicked on the 'Functional Tests' object and it alters the content in the right hand frame as follows:

If I click on the 'testsuite' object in my hierarchy (entitled 'TestSuite 1') - the following changes occur (the right hand side changes from viewing the TestSuite to TestCase level):

If I click on the 'testcase' object in my hierarchy (entitled 'TestCase 1') - the following changes occur (the right hand side changes from viewing the TestCase to TestStep):

Can you try and replicate what I've done above so we can identify if you are doing something different to me?

You mentioned "When I go to click Functional Tests in my project it doesn't seem to 'update' and show my Functional Tests and keeps staying on 'last clicked item'."  HOWEVER -  I think what you're describing is actually the correct behaviour - or I'm misunderstanding your issue.  If you click on 'Functional Tests', the object will expand once only revealing it's child record which is >=1 TestSuite object.  If you click on the 'Functional Tests' object at this point after already expanding the 'tree' to reveal the TestSuite object -nothing will happen.  The 'Functional Tests' object can only be expanded once to reveal it's child/children records.  You cannot click on the 'Functional Tests' object multiple times to expand all it's children's children.  Clicking on the 'Functional Tests' object will ONLY ever expand it's first level children.  What I mean is, clicking on the 'Functional Tests' object will NEVER expand it's grand children (testcase level) or great grand children (teststep level)

Does that clear things up?

If it doesnt, please respond back,

Cheers,

Rich