Forum Discussion

megadeth_fans
New Contributor
10 years ago

Uncheck the option - Check for updates at startup

I would like to know if there is a way to uncheck or modify default options from the «Show Again flags dialog » with a modification in the registry or a configuration file?

In this case, I want to desactivate the Check for updates without having to open the software and manually deselect it.

Thanks in advance for the help.

3 Replies

• I took a look at the tcsettings.xml file on two of our Test Complete machines which are configured not to check for updates and neither had anything other than a default template. Are these production machines? If not, then I would suggest you consider either virtualizing the environment or use an imaging utility to create a 'base' image that already has Test Complete installed/configured the way it needs to be deployed.
    TanyaYatskovska
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi Christian,

Could you please exapain your task in detail? If you don't want to open TestComplete, how do you execute the tests? If you use the product's command line, you can use the SilentMode argument to prevent this dialog from being shown.

• Hello Tanya,

Thank you for the reply. The thing is that we are doing a CMD file that allow us to deploy the program silently on a couple of computer and we have a «Standard» that any option of automatic update must be deactivated during the process, without having to manually do it on each computer that we deploy.

I already have the silent installation working with an ISS file, but i don't see how i can apply the check for updates option from the Show again falg dialog in that file. I've did some research since last friday and found that the option is probably inside the tcsettings.xml , but i don't see which one.

Thanks in advance for your time and assistance.

Christian