Forum Discussion

9 years ago
Solved

Ready API 1.5.0 on Windows 7 keeps hanging and extremely slow

anyone can give a solution to improve the startup or load performance ?

also run from command line ,it throws this error:

C:\Program Files (x86)\SmartBear\ReadyAPI-1.3.1\bin>ready-api.bat
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM warning: ignoring option MaxPermSize=256m; support wa
s removed in 8.0
Error occurred during initialization of VM
Initial heap size set to a larger value than the maximum heap size
The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect.

13 Replies

Sharon
      New Contributor

I too have been having this problem in 1.5.0 and in the previous version. Before that things were fine. Is there a formal bug raised against this and when it the planned resolution?  I have to kill and restart the tool practically every day now.

mileppaa
    Occasional Contributor

Hi,

I noticed the same. Did you update the tool from 1.3 -> 1.5? I just did that and API logs seem to have lot's of errors. Something about events/listeners ...

Anyway, I removed the whole installation, and then installed the 1.5.0 again and now it seems to be faster as there are no errors in logs...

But now I have Hermes JMS issue as it is not working anymore :-(

sonli
    Occasional Contributor

Hi ,

is the problem resolved ? I have same issue before on mac. But I followed below  page, it never happen agian for me :

http://community.smartbear.com/t5/SoapUI-NG/SoapUI-Pro-5-1-2-hangs-on-Mac-OS-X-10-8-5/td-p/95626

1. Start ‘Activity Monitor’ and Force Kill your dead soapUI process. [Or use Command-Option-Escape to force quit it.]
    2. In Finder, /Applications/SmartBear/soapUI-5.0.0.app > Show Package Contents.
    3. Edit /Applications/SmartBear/soapUI-5.0.0.app/Contents/java/app/bin/soapui.sh.
    4. Uncomment this line# JAVA_OPTS="$JAVA_OPTS -Dsoapui.browser.disabled=true". [In other words, remove the "#" to stop it being a comment.]
    5. Edit /Applications/SmartBear/soapUI-5.0.0.app/Contents/vmoptions.txt.
    6. Add -Dsoapui.browser.disabled=true.
    7. Start soapUI.

hi Sonli,

this solution not work for me either. That's the way i had tried in previous post .:smileyfrustrated: