Forum Discussion

vikash_SB
New Contributor
7 months ago
Solved

Unable to connect to Oracle database with service name (no SID)

I am using Licensed ReadyAPI version 3.48.0. Recently our Oracle DBA changed the SID way of connecting to Database and now only Service name is allowed for connection. I am able to connect to Oracle ...
    7 months ago

Dear Rich,

Thanks much for your response. I found and applied a working solution yesterday.

That solutions resonates with what you have mentioned. What I did -

1. In Settings (readyAPI) -> JDBC . Added new Driver and Connection String Template to accommodate Oracle ServiceName (jdbc:oracle:thin:<USER>/<PASSWORD>@<HOST:127.0.0.1>:<PORT:1521>/<ODBC_DSN_NAME>) connection.

2. Since my ServiceName was containing "_" character. I received below warning and hence as suggested added the following parameter to \bin\ReadyAPI.vmoptions file.

"The character '_' is not supported in JDBC connections strings since Java 17.0.3 and since ReadyAPI 3.41.0.
    Please remove the invalid characters or please try to use the JVM option -Dcom.sun.jndi.ldapURLParsing="legacy".
     "

3. I received this error message-"java.sql.SQLException: ORA-28040: No matching authentication protocol" , so downgraded the oracle jdbc connecter jar from ojdbc14.jar to ojdbc8.jar in \bin\ext folder.

This solution worked for me and hope this solution helps someone !

Cheers,

Vikash