Forum Discussion

rajrao
Occasional Contributor
3 years ago
Solved

Multiline string in readable format for mediatype application/json

Hi,   Our Rest API request has json body and one of the values is a  multiline String(XML), when I paste the json body in readyapi request editor and send, I get errors if the whole string is not i...
    3 years ago
    Hey rajrao,

I dont think there is. Ive come across this myself a while back and the problem was the endpoint's validation didnt like the split....it wasnt a ReadyAPI issue.

Totally get what youre saying about the message pane window being tiny.....especially when exercising REST APIs (rather than say SOAP) where half the available screen is used up by the Request's API parms editable frame.

When i had this issue i found 2 options (dunno if the other forum members have any better ideas?)

You can either:

1. Externalise your data in .csv's enabling you to edit payloads in Excel or whatever, OR
    2. There is a button with the alt-text help (immediately above the Smart Assertion button) "Toggles to tab based layout". This changes the view so rather than a vertical split in middle of screen splitting the request and response, it alters the view to show one in front of the other (extending the available screen space, doubling the visible horizontal width of the Request's payload input field.

Those are the only 2 options i found that would help.

Cheers,

Rich