Forum Discussion

Belikewater
7 years ago

Please help me with credentials in header in SoapUI

Hello everyone,

I am new to programming, I just started working with a book on Python. I have worked a little bit with sql, but I am still learning.

I need help concerning connecting to web services using SoapUI.

I was charged with the task of running some API calls at my job, but the problem is I am just learning about this and I need to get this set up by Tuesday.

I am willing to learn, but getting things set up by Tuesday will be difficult.

I am in desperate need of assistance on something I am sure is basic.

I need to enter user name, password, account number and account secret in SoapUI.

From what I understand is that you do this by modifying the header on a request call. I have used the wsdl file to populate the data, but I have not figured out how to enter the credentials in the header in the right language so to speak.

So my request is can someone help me how to do this in the header given the basic and only instructions from the web service guide which is below:
"The following section provides instruction for connecting to the service.
To use the Automotive Description Service, you must supply a valid user ID and password, the URL for the WSDL defining the service, and the service namespace or package name. Chrome Data’s order fulfillment department sends an email with a User ID and password to the contact person at your organization. Use the ID and password to initialize the number and secret attributes described in the Account Info section."

This is the wsdl: http://services.chromedata.com/Description/7b?wsdl

I have all the information, but not knowing how to enter it in language suitable to recognize the credentials in the Header I am lost.

Thanks