Forum Discussion

Logica_Norway
Occasional Contributor
15 years ago

Permgen Space error with saop UI pro 3.0.1

Hi I am running few Mock services on soap UI PRO.Last time i had run them for 12 HRS.during that time i got this Out Of Memory(permgensapce error).I have 4GB RAM And 60 GB HDD.Please help me how can i allocate more memory to soap UI  process such that i can run my mock services with out any problem till 12 HOURS

Question NO 2: why doesnt it garbage collect when the memory usage  is increasing periodically.

Please Help me with this issue

1 Reply

SmartBear_Suppo
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hello,

Please update to the latest nightly build, as it should have some fixes in this area. You may also want to change the setting for how much permgen space to use, which can be done using the following flag to the VM: -XX:MaxPermSize=256m

The permgen space is a part of the Java Heap that isn't garbage collected like the normal part of the heap, as it is where actual classes are loaded. If the newest nightly build doesn't solve your problem, it is likely that you have some script that is filling up the permgen space by defining new classes, but first try the latest build before we start looking at scripts.

Regards,
    Dain
    eviware.com