Forum Discussion

telum's avatar
telum
New Contributor
7 years ago
Solved

Patch not taking "Media type" in message (not shown in Raw either)

Hi guys.

 

Hope you can help me with a tricky problem. I use SoapUI 5.2.1. I have a project that works perfectly on a collegues SoapUI. However when I use it I get an error, because the payload is missing (I cannot see it in Raw, it is simply not added to the message).

 

What could be wrong? Must be some general setting, but after googling and removing the Raw message length limit (and saving, and restarting) I am still facing the same issue...

 

Media typeRaw result

Thanks in advance!

  • Thanks for all of your replies.

     

    I simply updated SoapUI to the latest version (5.4.0) and running the exact same project, and now it works perfectly!

     

    Odd thing, but now I can get forward, again thanks for all your input!

     

    Kind Regards

    Jesper

10 Replies

  • groovyguy's avatar
    groovyguy
    Community Hero

    I think we'll need some more details on this. Is your colleague using the same version of SoapUI? If so, what exactly do you mean by payload?

  • telum's avatar
    telum
    New Contributor

    Thanks for your answer.

     

    Yes my collegue is using the exact same version.

     

    I would have expected that the raw would also include what I have put in Media type. This is what is missing in my Raw output (taken from my collegue's Raw):

     

     

    • Lucian's avatar
      Lucian
      Community Hero

      So the payload is not found in the request... is your request a POST request? It may sound dumb but can you try to just delete that particular step and recreate it all over again?

  • telum's avatar
    telum
    New Contributor

    No it is a PATCH. I have tried to start over and I have imported the project that works perfect on my collegues system, and that did not help me unfortunately.

  • telum's avatar
    telum
    New Contributor

    Thanks for all of your replies.

     

    I simply updated SoapUI to the latest version (5.4.0) and running the exact same project, and now it works perfectly!

     

    Odd thing, but now I can get forward, again thanks for all your input!

     

    Kind Regards

    Jesper

    • TanyaYatskovska's avatar
      TanyaYatskovska
      SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

      Hi Telum,

      I've marked your reply as a solution. This will help other members find the answer easier.

      You can do it yourself by clicking "Accept as Solution" button next to the helpful post.

       

       

    • Lucian's avatar
      Lucian
      Community Hero

      Well it is still strange that your colleagues used the exact same version and it worked for them but anyways... it is good that you solved it.