Forum Discussion

11 years ago

NoClassDefFoundError in IntelliJ Idea plugin

I get an error when running the plugin: "NoClassDefFoundError: com/intellij/peer/PeerFactory: com/intellij/peer/PeerFactory"

IntelliJ Idea: IU-132.425
SoapUI: 3.6

---
com/intellij/peer/PeerFactory: com/intellij/peer/PeerFactory
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/intellij/peer/PeerFactory
at com.eviware.soapui.intellij.plugin.SoapUIPlugin.initToolWindow(SoapUIPlugin.java:269)
at com.eviware.soapui.intellij.plugin.SoapUIPlugin.init(SoapUIPlugin.java:113)
at com.eviware.soapui.intellij.plugin.actions.ShowHideSoapUI.actionPerformed(ShowHideSoapUI.java:42)
at com.intellij.openapi.actionSystem.ex.ActionUtil.performActionDumbAware(ActionUtil.java:162)
at com.intellij.openapi.actionSystem.impl.ActionMenuItem$ActionTransmitter$1.run(ActionMenuItem.java:260)
at com.intellij.openapi.wm.impl.FocusManagerImpl.runOnOwnContext(FocusManagerImpl.java:892)
at com.intellij.openapi.wm.impl.IdeFocusManagerImpl.runOnOwnContext(IdeFocusManagerImpl.java:114)
at com.intellij.openapi.actionSystem.impl.ActionMenuItem$ActionTransmitter.actionPerformed(ActionMenuItem.java:230)
at javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(AbstractButton.java:2018)
at com.intellij.openapi.actionSystem.impl.ActionMenuItem.fireActionPerformed(ActionMenuItem.java:104)
at com.intellij.ui.plaf.beg.BegMenuItemUI.a(BegMenuItemUI.java:512)
at com.intellij.ui.plaf.beg.BegMenuItemUI.access$300(BegMenuItemUI.java:44)
at com.intellij.ui.plaf.beg.BegMenuItemUI$MyMouseInputHandler.mouseReleased(BegMenuItemUI.java:532)
at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Component.java:6505)
at javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseEvent(JComponent.java:3320)
at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Component.java:6270)
at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Container.java:2229)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Component.java:4861)
at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:2287)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Component.java:4687)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Container.java:4832)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Container.java:4492)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Container.java:4422)
at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:2273)
at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Window.java:2719)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Component.java:4687)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(EventQueue.java:735)
at java.awt.EventQueue.access$200(EventQueue.java:103)
at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(EventQueue.java:694)
at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(EventQueue.java:692)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.security.ProtectionDomain$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(ProtectionDomain.java:76)
at java.security.ProtectionDomain$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(ProtectionDomain.java:87)
at java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(EventQueue.java:708)
at java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(EventQueue.java:706)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.security.ProtectionDomain$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(ProtectionDomain.java:76)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:705)
at com.intellij.ide.IdeEventQueue.e(IdeEventQueue.java:696)
at com.intellij.ide.IdeEventQueue._dispatchEvent(IdeEventQueue.java:520)
at com.intellij.ide.IdeEventQueue.dispatchEvent(IdeEventQueue.java:335)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(EventDispatchThread.java:242)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispatchThread.java:161)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:150)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:146)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:138)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:91)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.intellij.peer.PeerFactory PluginClassLoader[soapUI Plugin, 3.6]
at com.intellij.ide.plugins.cl.PluginClassLoader.loadClass(PluginClassLoader.java:82)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:357)
... 47 more

5 Replies

nmrao
    Champion Level 3
    Not sure how one can reproduce the problem.

Looks library is not in your classpath.
  • One thing you could try is to use a newer SoapUI version.
  • I've got the same problem whenever I choose "Tools/SoapUI/Start SoapUI" to try to open the "soapUI Navigator" panel. I'm running IntelliJ IDEA IU-133.370 on Linux with a 1.7.0_45-b18 amd64 Oracle JVM. Some things I've noticed:

-- The version of the IntelliJ SoapUI plugin that is on the IntelliJ repository is 3.5. That should be updated to the latest version so that people get the latest version when they choose "Tools/Web services/Install SoapUI" or install it from the "Plugins" page in the settings window.
    -- I downloaded version 4.0.1 of the IntelliJ SoapUI plugin from the SourceForge repository and installed it from disk. The plugin reports itself as version 3.6, even though it is version 4.0.1. The soapui-idea-plugin-4.0.1.jar file needs to have its /META-INF/plugin.xml file edited so that the <version> tag is updated from 3.6 to 4.0.1.

In any case, neither the older version 3.5 nor the latest 4.0.1 works. I guess the SoapUI plugin for IntelliJ is just not usable for the time being, until it is upgraded to stop using com.intellij.peer.PeerFactory.
    redfish4ktc2
    Super Contributor
    Hi, the issue is that ide plugins have not been updated for a while, so they do not work with recent ide version.

Eclipse plugin also does not work or (see viewtopic.php?f=13&t=22360 or viewtopic.php?f=1&t=22389)
    I currently have no information about the Netbeans plugin

SmartBear, do you plan to support these plugins in the future? If not, you should mention it in the documentation, and for the current state, also document which ide versions are supported.
    Thanks