Forum Discussion

infomaven
Occasional Contributor
11 years ago

More differentiation between Paid and Free SOAPUI solutions

It seems that quite often SOAPUI Pro users will post items on the SOAPUI community board instead of the paid SOAPUI PRO board. Is there a way to more clearly identify these kinds of posts?
I've seen this done in the main website, but sometimes in the Forums, it is a huge jumble of information. It would be nice if there was a special label or tag that could be applied to posts that are for PRO version only.

Another thing that would help is a reference showing a high level side-by-side comparison of the two APIs (free versus paid). Does such a thing exist?

thanks

1 Reply

nmrao
    Champion Level 3
    Here is what I see

On the first point,
    1. Any online user can read the queries and solutions suggested from all boards including soapui pro
    2. One must register to post their queries into general or soapui boards
    3. Since soapui pro is offered for free for a certain limited time to for the trials. However, registered forum users can't post their queries into soapui pro boards as those are only for licensed users and thats how those messages mainly comes into general /soapui boards. And another way is that sometimes user might not have credentials available at the moment of posting queries, but might be blocked with their work and that should not be much an issue
    4. Some general queries related to installation, scripting, assertions etc may applicable for all and not specific to any edition, so having them in general boards does not required to bother
    5. Forum's Moders / Administrators often suggests the users to post subjects in relevant boards, and users have to follow it.

May be using the right keys to search would help, I believe. By the way, have you tried Advanced search which is on the top right corner? Or is there anything specific information you are looking for and could not find?

Regarding other one, soapui pro is a super set of soapui.
    Please see the below links for more details
    http://www.soapui.org/Go-Pro/12-reasons-to-go-pro.html
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SoapUI

Hope the above information helps.