Forum Discussion

ABCDEFG
Contributor
8 years ago

MicrosSoft SQL server JDBC connection Errror on readyApi (SoapUI NG)

Hi,

Greetings!

I am a licensed customer using SoapUI NG in readyApi. I am facing below issue while connecting to MicroSoft SQL Server 2014 and displaying below JDBC connection error on JDBC Request test step. Please find the attached screenshot. Due to this issue, I am unable to connect to my Could you help me to fix the issue

Driver: com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver

Error message: Error getting response; java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException: Java Runtime Environment (JRE) version 1.8 is not supported by this driver. Use the sqljdbc4.jar class library, which provides support for JDBC 4.0.

Could someone help me to resolve the issue to connect to MicroSoft SQL server jdbc connection?

Thanks in advance,

Thanks,

ABCDEFG

1 Reply

• To All Viewers:  What me and Mr. ABCDEFG (lol) have tried since I worked with him on trying to resolve.... but not success

In Research We Tried:

1.  Ensure that the sqljdbc4.jar was there - in fact he put all 4 types 41 & 42

2.  Drop down in Databases has:  com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver for the option

3.  Another article mentioned sqljdbc_auth.dll which we put both in the directories:  bin, ext, lib.  *bin is apparently the place it should go.  Does anyone else have another directory it should be in?

4.  The connect string we used that which ReadyAPI gave:

server://10.10.10.10:1433;databaseName=vwxy.findb.t01.abc.local;user=ABCDEFG;password=XXXX

That's about it

Hope to hear from you professionals

Rob