Forum Discussion

UserVR
New Contributor
15 years ago

Mapping a request with a specific response

Can someone explain me how do i map a specific request, say request1 to response1 i.e. if i execute request1, it should always give me back response1, irrespective of other responses

1 Reply

SmartBear_Suppo
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hi UserVR,

I'm not sure I understand what you mean.

Requests are under control, while responses depend on both the server-side functionality (and usually a state represented with data in some database(s)) and your request. This means that for request(1,t) issued at the t point in time will result in response(1,t). On the other hand, request(1,t+1) will result in response(1,t+1), while even though request(1,t) === request(1,t+1) (two subsequent requests are identical), it can easily be response(1,t) != response(1,t+1).

If I understand you correctly, you would like to have (written in pseudo language):

If (request(1,t) === request(1,t+1))
    then
        response(1,t+1) = response(1,t)

Is this true? If yes, why do you need this?
    Are you talking about mapping requests to responses on your server side? If so, then refer to the technology manuals of your server side technology.
    If you're talking about mapping requests to responses on the client (soapUI) side), have in mind my above explanation - request-to-response mapping should be beyond client's/soapUI's control otherwise you do not need the server at all.

Cheers!
    /Nenad Nikolic a.k.a. Shonzilla