Forum Discussion

13 years ago

LoadUI/SoapUI TestCase Property Scope Problem

I think I've been over this about every which way.

I need to be able to spit data out into a table, as here: http://www.loadui.org/Load-Testing-soap ... rty-values

Looks like a few other people have had the same issue:
(he was unable to reproduce later) - viewtopic.php?t=7284
(He found a workaround in assigning to context) - viewtopic.php?t=7218

Unfortunately, my problem isn't going away, and the workaround from storing to context isn't doing it for me (I need to get it into loadui, and right now that's not happening properly). I'm attempting to use loadui beta now, but I'm not holding out a lot of hope. Seems like I should be able to do exactly what's in the documentation, but I don't know how that was able to be done. The sessions in the screenshot would show duplicates, and have missing sessions IDs from the test runs, at any volume above 1 concurrent request.

Reproduce via the following:
  1. Create a test case that has:
    1. a groovy step, generates a random number between 1 and 10000, and stores it to both a variable in the current runner context, and a test case property, as well as returning the result from the step.

2. a delay for 1000 ms

3. a property transfer from the result of the groovy step, to the test case level (in a second property)

4. another delay for 1000 ms

5. a groovy script that pulls the random number from the runner context, and assigns it to the test case level (in a third property) then pulls all test level properties, and logs them out.

6. Run the test case in soapui (even as a load test with 100 threads/VUs)
      1. Results in the log being filled with rows of properties that match. Each set of properties is an identical trio, and no duplicates (or at least only 2 in 10001)

2. Run the test case in loadui (as a load test with 3 requests per second), and dumping out the properties via the method above into table log.
        1. Results in most of the properties being different on the same line. Also results in duplicates appearing in clumps (across lines), since it's pulling from a global test case property across threads/testcaserunners.

2. Edit: Editing to check the "notify me" box.

2 Replies

SmartBear_Suppo
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hi,

thanks for your efforts and I'm very sorry for your troubles, I'll try to reproduce this and will get back to you as soon as possible..

regards!

/Ole
    eviware.com
    SmartBear_Suppo
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hi again,

Thanks to your example I was able to both reproduce and fix this, will be in the upcoming nightly build. This probably explains many issues that people were having with the soapUI runner, let's see if they all see similar improvements.

best regards!

/Ole
    eviware.com