Forum Discussion

nwyatt
New Contributor
10 years ago

LoadUI Results with Data Driven Tests Questions

Hi, 

I am currently using SoapUI NG Pro and LoadUI (not Pro) through Ready! API 1.1.0.

I have setup a very simple data driven test that calls a service repeatedly with different values (read from an Excel file).  In order to see how it works, I ran the test as a Simple Strategy with 1 Thread and a Limit of 1 Total Run.

The results shown on the Test Step calling the web service as:
Count = 71 (this is the correct # of rows in my input file)

Min = 43

Max = 43

Avg = 43.19

Last = 43

The results returned on the overall Test Case was:

Count = 1

Min = 3099  (this appears to be the total time it took the thread to complete all 71 runs + the 46ms it took to load the data source)

Max = 3099

Avg = 3099

Last = 3099

It appears to me that the timing (min & max) results for the Test Step are displaying as the average time of all of the runs in that thread.  For example, if I had only 2 runs of the test steps in that data driven test with the times of 10ms and 400ms, the min and max would show as 205ms.

Questions:

1. Is my observation correct that each thread only reports an average result of the test step runs?
  2. Is it possible to have the data driven results more accurately represented (maybe I don't have an appropriate option selected)?  Instead of my example where 205ms was displayed in both min & max, could it show 10ms for min and 400ms for max?